- Targeted Reporter: Benjamin Wood, Salt Lake Tribune
- Previously wrote on meningitis outbreaks in Utah, with mention of how quickly diseases like meningitis and measles spread because of under-vaccination.
- Client: Utah Department of Health
- Campaign: Meningitis Booster Shot Awareness
- Key Public: Utah Valley mothers, ages 25-50.
- Big Idea: Using former Olympian Dara Torres to raise awareness for the booster shots by having her race in 24 counties over 24 days, with the number 24 symbolizing the hours that meningitis can kill.
- Strategy: Use traditional media to reach mothers who want to keep their kids healthy but are not aware of the meningitis booster shot.
- Credit: Trevor Hawkins
- Class: Strategic Writing, Comms 320